Sunday, March 29, 2009

March Moments 2009: March 29 - Memories from 1976, Chapter 2

March 29 - Memories from 1976, Chapter 2
by Mary Cassidy Ryan


1976 - a great year! And, always have a Plan B.

One of my best thoughts was our stop at the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater. What a difference it made to be off the gym floors and in actual beds! I recall that the practice field was great as well as the laundry room (luxury items when on the tour)! My roommate was Diane Markowitz (hope spelling is right). I would love to hear from her!

When the season concluded in Wildwood, it taught me how important it is to have a "Plan B" in place. Although I practiced with you all over and over, I had limited time with Duke E's Jitterbug+++. When called upon to do it alone in Wildwood, I really messed up! My right arm went into denial. I did a poor job! With much thanks to all of you, the performance was great! Afterwards, Mr. Kadash picked me up and you all applauded! I recall putting my shako over my face, wishing I did a better job! Thanks!

Last summer I moved back to San Antonio, Texas, after a one year venture to Louisiana. Our city will host the DCI southwest regional contest on July 18th. If you plan a visit anytime, let me know, I would love to hear from you. Cell: 210-632-3848 email mmc_ryan @att.net.




Comments or questions about our March Moments series? Click here to submit, or if that doesn't work, send them to joparente DOT saintsdrumcorps AT gmail DOT com.

No comments: