Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Moments 2009: March 18 - On Tour, Chapter 1

March 18 - On Tour, Chapter 1
by Bill Berliner


(Editor's Note: The title comes from me. I'm sure many of you have other tour-based stories - send them in already!).


Running from Sheriff Crockett: That was in ’76, the second year we stayed in Prospect, OH. He chased us all night after he caught us skinny-dipping in the community pool, and was shining his searchlight — it felt like something from “The Great Escape.” Also, when I say “all night,” I’m not exaggerating. Every time we thought we lost him, his car came out of some alley, and we had to run like hell.

I lost most of a pair of jeans on a metal fence that I hit sometime that night. I don’t remember who I was with (Pic? Peaches? Mongo?), but I remember finally hiding out in a church loft until the sun came up. He was relentless … as was Ray Kadash when we came staggering back in the morning. (“Where were you #!@&! guys?!)

Great memories of great friends…



Interested in submitting your own favorite memories for March Moments? Click here to submit, or if that doesn't work, send them to joparente DOT saintsdrumcorps AT gmail DOT com.

No comments: