Friday, March 13, 2009

March Moments 2009: March 13 - My First Time, Chapter 2

March 13 - My First Time, Chapter 2
by Pete Crafts


This is not a favorite marching moment by any means.

It was June 1973. Pic had talked me into joining and I had only been to a few practices. I took the ride to the Meadowlarks show in Secaucus. There were a few holes in the show and somehow the ladies put a uniform together for me and I was asked to just hold a horn and march through the show.

I was so proud how I made it through and boasting how I marched lifting my legs high. Then a few weeks later someone came up with a photo from Moe Knox pointing out how I was out of step. I swear to this day it was Ed Philpot in that photo.

Take care!

Pete Crafts


Interested in submitting your own favorite memories for March Moments? Click here to submit, or if that doesn't work, send them to joparente DOT saintsdrumcorps AT gmail DOT com.

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: