Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Moments 2009 - March 1 (by jo)

March 1 - Off The Line
(by jo)

Call it cliche, but I think we can have some fun with this.


It's March, as in MARCH. How lucky are we Saints - a holy day of obligation named after us (All Saints Day on November 1 each year, on Mr. French's birthday no less), and a WHOLE MONTH named for the thing we loved to do together for about 10 years.

Here's what I'm suggesting - a WHOLE MONTH of your trivia, memories, whatever.

Call it a month of March Moments.

Submit your favorite marching moments. The only two restrictions are that is has to pass my editing sensibilities in a public forum (don't worry - I can clean up MANY a story), and it must be about your time with the Saints. After all, it's only fair. If you have a favorite marching moment that came from another corps or band, submit it to their blog.
  • It can be a big deal, a small (up until now) private thing, or anything in between.
  • It can be written or a photo
  • It will have your name associated with it unless you ask to submit anonymously (I'd offer your name with big shiny lighting, but that's what Sue Brady does for a living and I don't want to compete with an expert!)
I'd rather that your ideas fill up each of the days - if I have nothing from you to submit, you'll be stuck with my insignificant special moments. Trust me - yours are better.

Click here to submit, or if that doesn't work, send them to joparente DOT saintsdrumcorps AT gmail DOT com. I think you get how to connect the pieces together for the e-mail (trying to keep the amount of spam to a minimum).

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: