Saturday, March 21, 2009

March Moments 2009: March 21 - Recurring Dreams, Chapter 1

March 21 - Recurring Dreams, Chapter 1
by Jack Bodzas


(Editor's Note: You know you have them. There's even a group out on Facebook about drum corps recurring dreams. Send yours in.)

I have a recurring drum corps dream, and it gets scarier every time I have it - but I love it just the same.

Goes like this:

My dream always starts where I am in the kitchen / drum room of the OLP Annex, learning new drum parts for the new season. I come to realize that at the end of April I will age out, and I should tell somebody.

But I really don’t want to turn myself in. I still want to play on. It was the good ol’ days and I knew it. Pete, Joey, Eric, Mike, Brad, Danny, Gary, Gary, Gary, and Gary . . .they are all there and all are still kids (even Peaches playing cymbals!).

It all seems so real except for the fact that I am fifty-something, have a lot less hair and the uniform doesn’t even come close to fitting.

Then I wake up.



Interested in submitting your own favorite memories for March Moments? Click here to submit, or if that doesn't work, send them to joparente DOT saintsdrumcorps AT gmail DOT com.

No comments: