Thursday, March 26, 2009

March Moments 2009: March 26 - My First Time, Chapter 6

March 26 - My First Time, Chapter 6
by Craig "Clav" Stephens


I still remember how incensed (no pun intended) I was when we marched into the Garden State championships and saw off to the side the Crossmen burning a Saints T-shirt on a cross.

I vividly recall the memory of stomping on Crossmen and Bridgemen buttons as we headed towards the field.

I remember inspections.

My most vivid memory is seeing The Saints for the first time. It was at the Garden State Championships. The only reason I could even tolerate going to the show was because, well ... it was at Wildwood.

I watched with detached boredom the expected drudgery of one corps after another.

Then The Saints took the line. I knew I should look interested as my brother was marching (The Skull aka Art Stephens).

Then 6 notes were played that took my breath away and changed my life forever.

I know ... dramatic much? LOL But it's the truth. For if I had not heard that off the line I'd have never met my wife.

I blame ya'll and will never forgive you!!

LOL

j/k

Sort of ... *whistles*



Interested in submitting your own favorite memories for March Moments? Click here to submit, or if that doesn't work, send them to joparente DOT saintsdrumcorps AT gmail DOT com.

No comments: