Saturday, November 10, 2007

Weekend Wonderings: Where did the time go? part 2

Boy, did I need a nap!

It's been a busy day so far. Since I was so tired from last evening, I made sure to take notes as the day progressed. I've tried my best to capture highlights from the events I attended, as well as document some phonecalls I've received.

Again, keep in mind that I was VERY fatigued, and my handwriting is a bit sloppy. If some of these details are a tad off, well, let me know!
  • Last night's post-Post party: That's what you would call it, right - the party after the party at the Post? ANYWAY, I didn't make it to Riffy's in Woodbridge (I was back here typing at the time, remember?). I did hear, though, that Maureen and Lorraine Fastuca forgot their brother Mike was with them, and headed back to Lorraine's house without him. There are a couple different versions of what happened after that which we'll leave to your imagination.
  • Saturday sunrise: About the same time Billy Meyer was getting back to the Marriott Courtyard near Raritan Center, he saw Peter Boyle. Billy's still looking for the contact information he was given - he'll keep us posted.
  • Saturday morning: My sister Karen took the whole hosting thing a bit further than most of us expected. After everyone arrived at the diner, she invited all to follow her to what our nephew Timmy calls the "big yellow house" in Fords, where our parents treated the crew to a nice breakfast. That's her story and she's sticking to it.
  • Saturday afternoon: Again, this is one of the events that I missed. Mary Balderose was feeling better, so she was able to join a few people for the afternoon activity. Apparently, the Saints should have had a bowling league back in the day. Not only did Mary make two 7-10 splits, if it weren't for a spare in the first frame, Mike Fastuca would have thrown a perfect game. Wish I had been there for that!
  • Saturday early evening: Band show host Jimmy Pic received reports that as people were arriving at the Meadowlands for the final two divisions of bands this evening, the corps formerly known as Garfield was seen warming up in the parking lot for a standstill exhibition. I'll be waiting for any of you who attend tonight's show to let us know how that went.

Time to finish waking up from my nap and start editing some of those photos.

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: