Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday Trivia / Reunion Wrapup - November 13, 2007

Here are a few questions to ponder (I was going to say they were rhetorical, but I've been accused of using too many big words lately!):
  • When did you finally STOP smiling after the reunion?
  • What was the best part of the night?
  • How many people did you get a chance to talk to, and how many did you miss because the evening ended much too quickly?
  • Who sped up the clocks on Friday?
  • Is there a way to bottle up all those great feelings and keep them with us to be opened during the rough times?

For me, the grin has been on my face most of the time since Friday afternoon. Now that I've handed over my pictures to Rocky, I just have a couple of leftover reunion things to wrap up before I start scanning in all the pictures and articles I've been given lately.

Before Friday, I THOUGHT I knew what some of the things were that I missed the most about my marching days. I was wrong. What I really missed, besides all of you, was how much we laughed when we were together.

When you think back, we really did have incredible amounts of fun squeezed in between rehearsals, parades, competitions, and tag days. As I've told several of you since Friday, I've gotten more aerobic exercise from all the laughing this weekend than I've gotten from working out this entire year (for those of you who saw me, this is probably not a great surprise!).

Here are some things the mini-reunion confirmed from a planning perspective:

  • The next one HAS to last for a couple of days. Four hours really wasn't long enough - and that was with about 90 people present.
  • We have to pick a date and place before the year is out. This is critical for those of you who need to plan relatively far in advance to work out family and job logistics.
  • We need more PROACTIVE participants on the Reunion Planning Committee. 'Nuff said on that for now.
  • We don't need anything fancy to keep us happy. We just need places that will do the heavy lifting for us (like setup, food, and cleanup) so we can all spend our time together just being together.
  • It's time to place more focus on really finding Pete Boyle and all the other members of the Saints family with whom we haven't yet connected.

Thanks to those of you who were part of the reunion in any way, even those who sent along best wishes to be shared with those present (yes, your messages were read at the reunion!). If you were there and took pictures, make sure to send them along to Rocky. There are lots of new photos in Gallery 11 on www.saintsdrumcorps.com right now, so check it out!

It was great seeing you all - already looking forward to the next one!

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: