Friday, November 9, 2007

November 9, 2007 - Tonight,Tonight!

Before I begin, I would be remiss if I didn't wish my husband a Happy Anniversary ... we met 29 years ago tonight on a blind date that I didn't realize I was on until he got there.

So, how am I celebrating the event? With 87 of you this evening, of course!

Given that I gave up drum corps, in part, to nurture my relationship with Richard, the irony isn't lost on me.

Now, back to why I'm sure you're reading Saints Scribblings today - THE MINI-REUNION!

The out-of-towners have already begun to arrive in Central Jersey, and many of the rest of us are scrambling to take care of last-minute work and family obligations to clear the path to the Post. In my case, I'm also taking Monday off - I've turned down requests from three of my clients for meetings on that day (not always a wise thing when you're a self-employed consultant!), knowing I'll need the day to decompress.

Some last minute questions have been coming in. Here's the list, even if they've been asked (and answered) before:
  • What's the dress code?
    Business casual (interpret at your desire!). Contrary to rumors, this is NOT a black-tie affair.
  • What time?
    If you're part of the Reunion Committee or would like to help out in some way, get there around 7 pm. Otherwise, we're open for business from 7:30 - 11:30 tonight.
  • Where is the Post again?
    T Nulty American Legion Post 471 (also known as the Post Inn), is at 25 Brown Avenue, Iselin 08830 (off Green Street, not far from where the circle used to be). Directions (and phone numbers for the directionally-challenged) are found in the Saints Scribblings from November 7th.
  • What about music?
    This question has been asked almost as many times as the dress code question (makes me wonder how many of you were hoping to bring your horns or drum sticks - maybe next summer!). Yes, there will be music this evening - there's over 4 hours' worth already planned (you'll just have to wait and see - oops, hear!).
  • What are we doing on Saturday and Sunday?
    See the
    Saints Scribblings from yesterday (November 8th / Mini Reunion Eve). The events will be covered in detail this evening - folks joining us for the first time tomorrow should keep their eyes on Scribblings and the Guest Book for last-minute updates, or contact the hosts for the events that are listed in yesterday's edition.
  • Is it BYO?
    No. Beer, wine, and a cash bar are all available.
  • How did your name get changed from Marilyn to JoAnne anyway?
    It was all because of Ralph Fair. Ask me tonight if you really want to know the whole story.
If any other questions come up today, I'll post them here as time permits.

I'll be heading back to the MotherLand (aka Woodbridge Township) sometime mid-afternoon, and that's when the updates will pause for a bit. After that, I'll squeeze in some stuff (and I'm sure Rocky will start posting photos in Gallery 11 on www.saintsdrumcorps.com) all throughout the weekend.

See ya later!

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: