Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday Wishful Thinking ... the reunion

Well, I'm starting to notice yet another pattern in my blogging. About mid-week, I start to get into the wishful thinking mode. The theme is usually focused on something I wish I could do, or change, with little to no effort.

I embraced change long ago -- kind of a prerequisite for the type of work I do these days. I have to admit, though, that sometimes my stamina for the journey can lag my mental enthusiasm ...

Anyway, getting back to this week's theme -- the reunion -- I really wish I could just snap my fingers and be able to attend it, with all of you present, before the end of the year. As optimistic as I am, I'm not delusional! Well, not totally ... I do believe the Yankees still have a chance to snag the AL East flag this year, but that's another story that has to do with my Uncle Chubby (we'll save that one for October!).

What could almost make the reunion happen as easily as snapping our fingers?
  • If you're in the area, attend the reunion planning meeting on September 21st. Just having the chance to be back in the Annex should be enticement enough!
  • Second, whether you'll be at the meeting or not, watch for the agenda next week. There will be questions to answer and some research to be done before we gather. The more pre-meeting work we take care of, the quicker we can get the reunion nailed down.
  • Third, go through the Monday MatchUps out here in Saints Scribblings (tech hint: click on the 2007 to the right at the top of the Articles List, and you'll be able to scroll down through all the blog entries for the year). If there's someone on the list you know how to contact, go ahead and do it! Shy? Let us know and we'll contact them for you (we won't even disclose your name if you don't want us to!).
  • Finally, keep watching the Home Page, Guest Book, and Alumni Association pages out on www.saintsdrumcorps.com for updates.

Thanks!

All for now -- corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: