Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Milestones - Major, Minor, or Somewhere In-Between

What a day!

First, around 4:30 this morning, I prepared to head into the crawlspace of our home for my first bona fide Tornado Warning ... in case you ever wondered if those pesky Emergency Broadcast Announcements serve any useful purpose, I can assure you that they do ... of course, Richard was out of town for the whole thing!

Next, I realized what day it is ... besides being 1 year until the opening of the Beijing Olympics, it's also the 33rd anniversary of Richard Nixon announcing on television that he was departing the presidency on August 9, 1974. Why is this so embedded in my memory? Because I was here in Jersey, in isolation, while many of you were in Lynn MA at the World Open ... that week was the first time my heart was broken (over missing tour, not because of Nixon!).

Finally, I noticed that we've now had 100 members officially contact us since www.saintsdrumcorps.com has gone live. Cathy Meyer -- congrats on being #100!!!

All for now -- corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: