Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Birthday Tribute ...

Fifty years ago yesterday, I was still an only child, we were living in Perth Amboy, and Eisenhower was in the White House.

What a difference a day makes!

Five siblings and a husband later, I can honestly say that Karen's birth is among the most profound events of my life.

By the end of the weekend, watch for updates to this entry -- I'll have some pictures to share with you, along with some other thoughts on being old enough to have a sister who turns 50 today.

Happy Birthday Karen, with love from jo and Rich ...

Postscript: Sunday, August 26, 2007


A great time was had by all at Karen's surprise party last evening. Hosted by her main squeeze, John, ten of us gathered to help her cross the threshold into AARPville ... in the pictures above with Karen are Lisa Maloney Wagner and John.


So, what does it feel like to have a YOUNGER sibling who's now 50? I'm still trying to figure that part out ... I'm just grateful we're still able to celebrate these moments together, surrounded by some of the people who are most important in our lives.



All for now ... corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: