Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independence Day 2007

It doesn't take much to remind me of all the parades and competitions we marched in together ...

A couple of days ago, I spent a few minutes chatting with a former St Mary's schoolmate. We talked about the SMHS Drill Team for a bit -- she mentioned how she always wanted to march with them because they wore those "cute little white boots."

Rose, those boots might have been cute, but trust me -- having worn them my first few years in the Saints, they were not on my Top Ten list of good marching footwear! I think I still have a couple of faint scars from where the top edges ripped my legs to shreads ... despite the blisters and pain, I still wouldn't have traded the experience for the world.

These days, 4th of July finds me, Karen, and our family and friends gathered at the "Big Yellow House" (as our nephew calls it) for a much more sedentary celebration than we had during our drum corps days. Wherever and however you celebrate today, here's some advice -- moleskin still works great to prevent those nasty marching blisters!

Happy Independence Day!

All for now -- corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: