Friday, October 26, 2007

Weekend Wonderings: Connections

Here it is, an almost-rainy Friday morning here in Central Jersey, and I'm thinking 'bout all of you.

This time, eight months ago, you might have been a passing thought or memory. Now? Well, you're even filling up my daybook! In some cases, we're connected more now than we were when we marched.

Let's see - this week alone, I've been on the phone with Lisa (and will see her today), Althea, Pic, and Jackie, and have exchanged e-mails with another dozen or so of you. I've been squeezing in my own consulting work (thanks, Pic, for the referral!) around Saints stuff. While it should really be the other way around, it's what needs to be right now with the mini-reunion coming up. How did the parents who helped run the corps back then do it all?

Each time I see the response counter go up in Survey Monkey, it's so much fun! Yes, I do realize that probably doesn't speak well of what my life is like, but I assure you that's not really the case. Even Richard (who probably won't be joining us) gets excited with me as I call across the hall to him with each new name (and stories to go with them!).

As I mentioned in an e-mail this morning, I'm blown away by how many of the Saints Are Marching In from places far and wide to join us on November 9th.

If you're still on the fence about joining us, now's the time to do it. Special note to the Florida folks: You can still grab flights from under $200 out of most of the major airports (and only $118 from Miami!) on Continental. There may even be better deals out there with some of the other carriers.

For those who will be with us, see you in two weeks!!! For the rest, we'll try our best to share pictures and words that will make you feel like you were part of it all ...


All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: