Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday Workouts: Linking with each other and LinkedIn

Let's see how much interest this deviation to Saints Scribblings can drum up (pun intended).

Wednesdays, from time to time, will be about work. I'm still open to Guest Writer Wednesdays, but I've had no recent offers from any of you.

The world is a crazy place these days, and not because some of us are still recovering from the transgressions of our youth (and you know who you are!). Some of us are doing OK job-wise, even with the economy crashing around us. Some are hanging on by a thread, almost dreading going into work every day for fear of impending layoffs. Some are already looking for a new gig, and maybe even in a new profession.

Most of our connections with each other have been about relationships we planted over thirty years ago. In many cases, we really haven't connected dots to what we do these days. Sure, we've shared info about where we live, main squeezes, and children. Personally, I know I've discussed what I do these days with only a handful of you. I venture to guess that it's the same for you.

It's time to open the doors to whatever connections we can make with each other.

Today's question: Are you LinkedIn? I am
(gentle reminder - my real first name is Marilyn), and I created the Saints Alumni Association group this evening. Let me know if you're out there, and let's build some networks.

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: