Monday, December 15, 2008

Yes, it's been awhile ... and I have a request ...

First, on the last Trivia - the short answer is yes, it was Legionnaires Disease (thanks to all who responded). Just an hour after I made the post, things got a bit crazy with family illnesses, and then, there was an actual outbreak of Legionnaires at St Peter's Hospital in New Brunswick.

Enough of my excuses.

Now, here's what has brought me back to Scribblings ... I received this note yesterday in my Inbox:

Hi Jo,

I am not sure if I am contacting the right person, but I wanted to inform you that my mother Doreen Derlak (Lang) passed away on May 31, 2008 from Cancer. I just wanted to update you.

I know that the drum corps were a very important part of her life. I hate to ask this, but do you know if there are any pictures of her on the website? I would love to see them. OR do you happen to know of anyone that would have any?

Thank you
Jenifer Mahoney

Jenifer's contact information will be posted on the site, but in the meantime, here's the challenge. I KNOW that the loyal Scribblings readers are just looking for some reason / excuse to spend time out on the site, and here it is. I promised Jenifer that I would ask you all to go on a Scavenger Hunt for her, searching our photo galleries on www.saintsdrumcorps.com (and private photo collections you may not have sent in for Rocky to post) for pictures of Doreen.

As you find them, go ahead and post your discoveries out in the Guest Book. Make sure you're as specific as you can be by including the Gallery Number, Page Number, Row, photo number for that row, and which person is Doreen. For example, if I were identifying a picture of Dawn Fair, recent 50th Birthday celebrante, here's how it would go - Gallery 2, Page 1, Row 1, Picture 5, person on the right.

While we're at it, let's identify pictures of Mr. and Mrs. Derlak as well ...

This would be a great Christmas present and tribute to Doreen - I'll reward you with the 12 Days of Christmas, Saints-Style, that I never finished posting last year. Promise.

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: