Thursday, June 5, 2008

Time Flies, in More Ways than One

Just some quick thoughts on current events ...

I spent a couple of minutes earlier today, at my PC, watching an astronaut doing mechanical work on the outside of the International Space Station while whirling around the world at about a zillion miles an hour (OK, I finally admit it - even though I'm married to a retired science teacher, I never took Physics. The secret is out). Something about the moment brought me back to my teens, and I actually started to laugh out loud.

My mind had wandered back to the day in July 1969 when Neil Armstrong took his first steps on the moon. I can still remember sitting with my sibs (Karen among them) and my parents in the living room of the Big Yellow House in Fords, watching the black and white telecast of poorer quality than is available on most cell phones these days, and breaking out in hives over the excitement of the moment.

That was almost 39 years ago.

I had already been a Saint for two years at that point in my life.

So much has evolved since then from a technology perspective, a cultural perspective, a world perspective.

What hasn't changed is that I still haven't disconnected from that time in my life when I marched side-by-side with all of you.

Can't wait to see you all in July, and not to celebrate the Moon Walk, either.

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: