Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Thinkings: What's In a Name?

First, reunion updates are included in the June 3rd posting - after a few quiet days, we've added a couple more folks.

Now, to today's entry ...

Craig "The Clav" Stephens has found us - welcome home Craig!

His e-mails to me, and postings out in the Guest Book (www.saintsdrumcorps.com) by him and others, reminded me yet again how more than a few of us have never lost those names we picked up back in the day.

Some have tried hard to let go of the names from our time marching with the Saints, only to have people say to you that they never knew what your name really was. I still get that, as well, or the reverse ("So, why do they call you JoAnne?").

For as strange as this might sound (or then again, maybe not), I really feel much more like a JoAnne than a Marilyn ... 'nuff said on that!

In the meantime, I hope to compile a list of ALL the nicknames from when we marched in time for the reunion. I'll need your help, though - send your lists to joparente.saintsdrumcorps@gmail.com. Thanks in advance!

All for now - corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: