Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sharing Family

It dawned on me yesterday -- I've been using the Saints website as a virtual brag book.

After sitting in LOTS of traffic, I spent a good part of the day catching up with my friends Ef and Jack down in Haddonfield. At various points during the afternoon and the evening, we shared photos of our families and people we know in common. There were some pictures printed out on nice Kodak stock, but everything else was on a hard drive, DVD, or the Internet.

Sharing family has never been easier.

Even ten years ago, you had to schlep around one of those cute little purse-sized brag books to show photos of your main squeeze, kids, and other special people / moments in your life. Yesterday, I had Ef log into www.saintsdrumcorps.com instead.

The Deals are corps folks, so there was no explaining to be done. On the other hand, I've shared the site with business colleagues, customers, and non-corps friends with equal enthusiasm. Reading your posts in the Guest Book as well as your e-mails, I know you're doing the same thing, too.

Now, we just have to find the rest of our Saints family to share our brag book even further ...

All for now -- corpsdially yours from jo!

No comments: